Dog bite is dangerous for our health because the saliva may contains bacteria or virus. Therefore, dog bite infection treatment is important to prevent infectious diseases.
Although many people raise this animal as their pets, basically, dogs are predators and have the ability to attack. In fact, not a few cases of human attacked by dogs.
Dog bites wound, from small abrasions to serious injuries, need immediate treatment. That is because some types of infectious diseases can arise, for example rabies. The disease attacks the nervous system and became the risk of death.
Then how to prevent the infection dog bite side effects? Check out the following important reviews:
Dog Bite First Aid Treatment
If bitten by a dog, keep in mind that first aid should be done as soon as possible. This is to prevent the entry of viruses or bacteria. Steps to treat dog bite wound are:
- Clean the wound with warm water and soap in water flow for 10-15 minutes.
- If the wound is not bleeding, give a gentle pressure to drain it. This is important to remove all bacteria that may be appear in the wound.
- Otherwise, if the wound is bleeding, also give a pressure using clean cloth to stop the bleeding.
- Last step, give antibiotic to the wound, let it until dry and then cover it with clean bandage or gauze.
Steps above can be done by yourself as remedy for dog bite. But be aware for dog bite side effects that may be appear.
Characteristics of Dog Bite Infection
Even though you already do the first aid dog bite treatment, stay alert. If it has an infection, you should immediately get medical help to the nearest clinic or hospital.
Pay attention to this following dog bite infection symptoms that may appear:
- Redness and swelling at the bite wound area.
- Feeling pain for more than 24 hours after being bitten.
- Pus or fluid leak out from the wound.
- The area around the wound feels warm
- Difficult to move the body which affected by the bite.
- Fever, chills and night sweats occur.
If that dog bite infection symptoms appear, immediately go to the nearest clinic or hospital. Because it can cause types of infectious diseases such as tetanus, rabies, or sepsis (blood poisoning), infection of the inner lining of the heart (endocarditis) or infection of the outer layer of the brain (meningitis).
Notes from DeveHealth:
Even though dogs are widely raise as pets, we still have to be aware of stray dogs that roam freely because they may contract infectious diseases.
The characteristics of a dog affected by the rabies virus can be recognized by their restless movements, irritability or attack, foaming at the mouth and experiencing seizures. If you find a dog with these characteristics, should be avoided yes!